Garage door panels can be damaged in a number of ways- from weather, accidents, or even just wear and tear.
If your garage door panel is damaged, it can be an eyesore and it also leaves your home vulnerable to the elements.
Replacing a garage door panel can seem like a daunting task, but with the right information, it can be done quickly and easily.
Many people try to replace their garage door panel on their own but end up making costly mistakes that can delay the project or even damage the door.
The Dos and Don’ts of Replacing A Garage Door Panel will help you avoid common mistakes and get the job done right the first time. Our experts at Garage Door Express Austin are here to help guide you through every step of the process.
When Should Garage Door Panels be Replaced?
If your garage door has been damaged, it’s important to assess the extent of the damage before deciding whether to replace just the panel or the entire garage door.
In some cases, only the garage door panel will need to be replaced. However, if the damage is significant, it may be necessary to replace the entire garage door.
The following are some circumstances in which you should replace just the garage door panel:
- The damage is isolated to one area of the panel
- The damage is not structural
- The remaining panels are in good condition
On the other hand, you may need to replace your entire garage door if:
- Multiple panels are damaged
- The damage is structural
- The garage door is more than 15 years old
When Replacing Garage Door Panels, Follow These Dos and Don’ts
Whether you’re replacing one garage door panel or the entire garage door, it’s important to follow the proper procedure to ensure that the job is done correctly. Failing to do so could result in further damage to your garage door or injuries.
Garage door panels are generally easier and less expensive to replace than an entire garage door, but there are a few things you should keep in mind before proceeding with replacing just a garage door panel.
- Do make sure that the damage is isolated to one panel. If the damage is extensive or affects more than one panel, it may be best to replace the entire garage door.
- Do choose a garage door panel that is made of the same material as your existing garage door panels. This will ensure that your new panel matches the rest of your garage door in terms of appearance and function.
- Do make sure that the garage door panel you choose is the correct size. garage door panels come in a variety of sizes, so it is important to measure your existing garage door panels and order a replacement panel that is the same size.
- Do use weather-resistant materials when replacing the garage door panel to protect your garage door from future damage. Water-resistant and rust-resistant materials will help to prolong the life of your garage door.
- Do make sure the garage door panel is properly aligned and level before attaching it to the garage door. An uneven garage door panel can throw off the balance of your garage door and cause it to operate improperly.
- Do seal any gaps or cracks around the garage door panel to prevent water damage
- Do use caution when working with garage door panels and springs. garage door panels are generally under a lot of tension, so it is important to use care when attaching or removing them to avoid injury.
- Don’t try to replace a garage door panel yourself unless you are experienced in working with garage doors. Garage door panels are heavy and can be difficult to install, so it is best to leave this task to a professional.
- Don’t forget to order a replacement garage door panel that is insulated if your existing garage door panels are insulated. Insulated garage door panels will help keep your home warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer.
- Don’t use cheap materials when replacing the garage door panel as they will not last as long.
- Don’t attempt to force the garage door panel into place if it doesn’t fit properly. This can damage the door.
- Don’t forget to remove the garage door springs before attempting to remove or install garage door panels. The garage door springs are under a lot of tension and can be dangerous if they are not handled properly.
- Don’t forget to seal any gaps or cracks around the garage door panel as this can lead to water damage.
- Don’t try to install garage door panels without first removing the damaged panel. This could result in further damage to your garage door or injuries.
Garage door panel replacement is a job that is often best left to a professional. However, if you’re experienced in do-it-yourself projects and are comfortable taking on the task, it’s possible to replace garage door panels yourself.
Just be sure to follow the proper procedure and use caution to avoid injuring yourself or causing further damage to your garage door.
If you’re unsure whether you should replace just the garage door panel or the entire garage door, it’s best to consult with a professional.
A licensed garage door contractor will be able to assess the damage and make a recommendation based on your specific situation.
Looking For a Garage Door Professional?
Look No Further Than Garage Door Express Austin!
If you’re like most people, you probably don’t think much about your garage door until it’s not working right. And then, it’s all you can think about! Suddenly, all those errands you used to take care of in your garage are now major inconveniences. Going to the gym? You’ll have to park on the street. Getting the kids ready for school? They’ll have to wait out in the cold while you try to figure out what’s wrong with the garage door.
But there’s no need to panic. Garage Door Express Austin is here to help.
We are a leading provider of garage door services in Austin, TX, and we’re ready to help you with all your garage door needs- from repair and replacement to maintenance and installation.
We understand that a garage door is a big investment, and we want to help you make the most of it. That’s why we offer a wide range of services, including:
- Garage door repair
- Garage door replacement
- Garage door maintenance
- Garage door installation
No matter what your needs are, we’re here to help. We’re just a phone call away, so don’t hesitate to reach out to us today. We look forward to serving you! Call us at (512) 482-0081!
Reasons Why You Should Choose Garage Door Express Austin?
If you’re looking for a reliable garage door service company in Austin, TX, look no further than Garage Door Express Austin. We’re a family-owned and operated business with more than 10 years of experience servicing garage doors in the Austin area.
We’re committed to providing our customers with the highest quality garage door services at the most competitive prices.
Here are just a few reasons why you should choose Garage Door Express Austin for your garage door needs:
- We offer a wide range of garage door services, including garage door panel replacement, garage door opener installation and repair, garage door spring repair, and much more.
- We’re a certified dealer for major garage door brands such as Genie, LiftMaster, Chamberlain, and Craftsman.
- We offer 24/7 emergency garage door repair services.
- We’re BBB accredited and have an A+ rating.
So if you’re looking for a garage door company that you can trust, look no further than Garage Door Express Austin. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation. We look forward to serving you! Call us at (512) 482-0081!
Customer Testimonials for Garage Door Panel Replacement With Garage Door Express Austin
“I was really impressed with the quality of the garage door panels that Garage Door Express Austin replaced for me. They look great and were very easy to install. I would definitely recommend them to anyone in need of a garage door panel replacement.”
– Sarah H., Austin, TX
“I called Garage Door Express Austin after my garage door panels were damaged in a storm. They came out right away and replaced them for me. I’m so grateful for their quick and professional service!”
– John W., Austin, TX
“I am so glad I called Garage Door Express Austin when my garage door panel was damaged. They arrived promptly and had my new panel installed in no time. The whole process was quick and easy, and I couldn’t be happier with the results.”
– Jane S., Austin, TX
“I’ve used Garage Door Express Austin for all of my garage door needs, and I’ve never been disappointed. They always do a great job, and their prices are very reasonable. I would recommend them to anyone.”
– John K., Austin, TX
“I was really impressed with the level of customer service I received from Garage Door Express Austin. They were very friendly and helpful, and they did a great job installing my new garage door panel. I would definitely use them again.”
– Sarah D., Austin, TX
FAQs About The Dos and Don’ts of Replacing A Garage Door Panel
What are garage door panels?
Garage door panels make up the sides of your garage door and help protect your home from the elements. If one of your panels is damaged, it’s important to replace it as soon as possible to maintain the security and weather resistance of your garage door.
Do I need to replace my entire garage door if a panel is damaged?
No, you can usually just replace the damaged panel. However, if the damage is severe or if multiple panels are damaged, you may need to replace the entire garage door.
How much does it cost to replace a garage door panel?
The cost of replacing a garage door panel will vary depending on the size and material of the panel. However, you can expect to spend anywhere from $100 to $300 on a new garage door panel.
How do I know if I need to replace my garage door panel?
There are a few different signs that you may need to replace a garage door panel. One of the most common signs is if the garage door panel is visibly damaged.
This could be due to normal wear and tear, or it could be the result of an accident. If you notice any cracks, holes, or dents in the garage door panel, it’s important to have it replaced as soon as possible.
Another sign that you may need to replace a garage door panel is if the garage door isn’t functioning properly.
If you notice that the garage door isn’t opening or closing smoothly, or if it’s making unusual noises, these could be signs that the garage door panel is damaged and needs to be replaced.
Can I install a new garage door panel myself?
It’s possible to install a new garage door panel yourself, but it’s generally best to leave this job to the professionals. Incorrectly installed panels can cause serious injury or damage to your home.
What are the benefits of replacing a garage door panel?
There are a few different benefits that come with replacing a garage door panel. First, it can help to improve the aesthetic of your home.
If your garage door panel is old or damaged, it can make your whole garage look run-down. Replacing the garage door panel can give your garage a fresh, new look.
Another benefit of replacing a garage door panel is that it can help to improve the function of your garage door. If the garage door panel is damaged, it can cause problems with the operation of your garage door.
Replacing the garage door panel can help to ensure that your garage door operates smoothly and efficiently.
Are there any risks associated with replacing a garage door panel?
There are a few risks associated with replacing a garage door panel. One risk is that you could damage the garage door if you’re not experienced with home improvement projects.
Garage door panels are very heavy, and it’s important to be careful when handling them. If you’re not sure how to properly replace a garage door panel, it’s best to hire a professional garage door technician to do the job for you.
Another risk is that you could injure yourself while replacing the garage door panel. garage door panels are very heavy, and if they fall on you, they could cause serious injuries.
It’s important to be careful when working with garage door panels, and if you have any questions or concerns, it’s best to consult with a professional garage door technician before beginning the project.
Garage Door Express Austin is the best company to call when you need to replace a garage door panel. We have over 10 years of experience in the industry and can help you with any type of garage door repair.
When it comes time to replace your garage door panel, there are a few things you need to keep in mind. Our team at Garage Door Express Austin can help guide you through the process, but it’s important that you know what to expect before getting started.
Here are the dos and don’ts of replacing a garage door panel. By following these guidelines, you’ll be able to ensure a smooth and successful replacement process.