Garage doors are among the most frequently used parts of a house and there comes a point when it will need repairs and thorough inspection. A large percentage of homeowners wait until something bad happens before they even attempt to fix it. This is why you should be proactive and seek professional assistance right away when problems arise.
Garage doors are very large, heavy, and difficult to install. A professional will ensure that your door is properly installed while providing a warranty for their work. Professionals also offer repair services on all types of garage doors and openers.
Here are the 7 Reasons to Hire a Professional for Garage Door Repair or Installation
1) Garage Door Repair: Hiring a professional to make repairs can save homeowners lots of money in the long run. When you hire a professional, they will complete the job with less hassle and offer warranties on their work. These safeguards can help protect homeowners against larger problems that may render the door unusable until it is replaced.
2) Emergency Repairs: It is not uncommon for garage doors to malfunction when you least expect them. If a malfunction occurs, you need to have a company that can handle the problem quickly and efficiently without costing too much extra money. A professional will be able to diagnose the issue and make repairs in an hour or less. Waiting for longer could result in more damage and serious problems such as injury if the door falls while you are opening or closing it.
3) Safety Inspections: When your garage door is in disrepair, it could pose a serious safety hazard to you and the people around you. A professional will inspect your door for any problems that can cause injury or even death. They will repair any damage that they find and advise homeowners on what steps need to be taken to keep it working safely.
4) Help with the Installation Process: Although many homeowners are able to install their own garage door, there are times when this process can be very difficult. Having professional assistance means that you will get your garage door installed correctly and quickly. You will also have a warranty on their work so you can return to them for further assistance if anything happens after the installation.
5) Low or no overhead: A professional doesn’t have to pay for an office and they can pass some of these savings onto customers by charging less than a big corporation. Another way professionals save money is by doing all their work in-house, which means you will not be sent to different companies for your installation or repair needs. This helps save you time because you will have one point of contact instead of many.
6) Warnings on Preventive Maintenance: All professionals are aware of how important it is for homeowners to do their part in maintaining the garage door and opener system. Many professionals provide written warnings that can help remind homeowners about the maintenance process. You can prevent many common problems by performing regular inspections and paying attention to the signs of wear and tear.
7) Peace of Mind: When you hire a professional, you will be sure that your garage is safe, secure, and working correctly all the time. This helps provide peace of mind for homeowners because most malfunctions are serious and can cause injury or death.
Did you know?
Having a functional garage door is important for both safety and aesthetics of any home. A well-maintained garage door can also improve the value of your home. This is why it pays to call in experts to check or repair it for you. They can determine the underlying cause of any problem, and help ensure that your garage door will be working properly again in no time.
If you are in need of a professional for your garage door repair or installation, be sure to check out Garage Door Express Austin. We are a locally-owned and operated business that offers quality services at an affordable price. Contact us today to schedule a consultation!
Garage Door Express Austin is a company that provides garage door repair and installation services. When you hire a professional from this company, you can be sure that the job will be done correctly and that your garage door will be safe and secure. Professional assistance can also help save you time and money. For more information, contact Garage Door Express Austin today!
The Importance of Regular Maintenance for Your Garage Door
It is important for homeowners to do their part in maintaining the garage door and opener system. Many professionals provide written warnings that can help remind homeowners about the maintenance process. You can prevent many common problems by performing regular inspections and paying attention to the signs of wear and tear.
One way that professionals save money is by doing all their work in-house, which means you will not be sent to different companies for your installation or repair needs. This helps save you time because you will have one point of contact instead of many.
When you hire a professional, you will be sure that your garage is safe, secure, and working correctly all the time. This helps provide peace of mind for homeowners because most malfunctions are serious and can cause injury or death. Professionals also know how to install a garage door properly, which can help increase the value of your home.
Why should a garage door be repaired by experts?
1. A garage door is the second heaviest moving part of a home, just behind its foundation.
This means that any damages to this important appliance will require an expert’s touch. It would be very dangerous for amateurs to repair it without proper knowledge and skills.
Its sheer weight can cause misalignment or damage if you try to manipulate it.
2. Garage doors are complex in design, and they require professional knowledge to install, maintain, or repair them properly.
They often come with safety features that homeowners may not be aware of. Improper installation can cause accidents and injuries even when everything seemed normal at first glance.
Noticeably absent is the presence of any safety features in the garage door installation.
3. Installation and repair services are expertly rendered by professionals, so you can be assured that your precious valuables will remain safe during or after the service is done.
If you avail of their maintenance plans, they can also inform you on what part of your garage door needs repair before it becomes extremely damaging and dangerous.
4. Wear and tear is usually the cause of any problems with garage doors regardless of design or material.
This means that an actual problem with your door will be more like to happen again in the future, and is best addressed by a professional right away.
Procedural care is required to keep your garage door safe and secure.
5. Most home insurance policies include coverage for the cost of repairs if they were damaged during a natural disaster or an accident within the household.
Unfortunately, most homeowners do not know this and will end up footing the bill themselves. This can be avoided by hiring a professional for any garage door repair or installation.
6. There are a lot of choices when it comes to colors and materials for your garage door, but you may not know how to choose from them properly. A professional will see the ins and outs of these options better since they get exposed to a lot of designs on a day-to-day basis.
You can trust them to help you choose the perfect one that will complement the exterior and interior of your home.
7. There are a lot of repair services available from safety check-ups, replacement parts, full system replacement, and more.
A professional offers you a wide variety of options when it comes to fixing your garage door.
You can expand their knowledge by consulting with them about your options before deciding for yourself. They are also used to working in different conditions, so they will be able to quickly determine the best approach when you need an urgent repair or installation of a new garage door.
They know where each part of the garage door is located and are familiar with the materials used to make it.
They are skilled professionals, so they can easily identify what could be wrong with your garage door and how to best address the problem.
Garage Door Installation FAQs
Are garage doors hard to install?
When it comes to installing a new garage door, many homeowners try to install the door themselves. Although this is possible in most cases, there are some mistakes that can cause injury and worse.
Hiring a professional helps ensure your safety because they will have years of experience and training on how doors should be installed correctly.
Do professionals work more efficiently?
Professionals have more experience that helps them to complete jobs in record time. They also work with companies that supply them with materials and parts for the door or opener.
This means they don’t have to search for hours and this makes their job easier and faster in most cases. This is another reason why hiring a professional can actually save you time and money.
Why is it important to have a warranty?
A warranty on all of their work is offered by most professionals because they want to ensure the homeowner knows they do quality work.
A warranty allows homeowners to make additional repairs if anything goes wrong with the door or opener during installation, maintenance, or repair.
This is important because it allows homeowners to continue using the garage door and opener system without worrying about additional costs.
Is it safe or wise to replace a garage door myself?
One should try and avoid doing the job themselves because large tasks such as this will take up a lot of time and could be very difficult for an inexperienced worker.
For example, if your springs break, it is important to know the right way to replace them.
There are many different factors that can affect your garage door system and having a professional handle these issues will ensure that everything is working safely in the end.
Do I need to hire a professional for my garage door opener?
Yes! The safety of your family and pets should be your number one priority. You could easily get injured if the motor fails and you try to climb up or down the door using an outward force.
A professional can help ensure that your opener is safe and working correctly. They will also be able to program any additional remotes that go with it so you can open and close your garage remotely from your car.
What is the average cost to have a garage door repaired?
In some cases, homeowners may have to have their entire door replaced if they cannot afford a new one or if they do not want to spend the money on a new one. It can cost anywhere from $150 to more than $500.
How long does it take for a garage door service company to install a new one?
It generally takes about three hours to have your door installed, but this time can vary depending on the location of the opening and any other complications that may arise during installation.
You’re busy, and you don’t have time to mess around with your garage door?
We’re in the business of making your life easier. That’s why we offer professional installation and repair services on all types of doors, including garage doors.
Our technicians are trained to provide fast, efficient service that will get your door working properly again in no time at all. You can count on us to be there when you need us most! When it comes to choosing a company for your next project, don’t settle for anything less than the best.
At Garage Door Service Austin, our team is committed to providing exceptional customer service and quality workmanship every step of the way so you can rest easy knowing that your home is safe and secure with our help!
Trust us today with any type of garage door needs – from installation or replacement to repairs or maintenance – because we have got you covered! We even offer 24-hour emergency services if ever needed.